No announcement yet.

fixed my hla problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$300? No kidding! The kits on the website are running for about $150, but I'm guessing that doesn't include everything I'd need for the bypass system. I'm looking at the 2000 series oil. You're the amsoil man here though, so what do you recommend is the best for the festiva? --and why? Price is not an issue if it means I can drive my car up to 500k miles with no oil-related worries.
    GT

Comment

AMSOIL's bypass system uses actual filters instead of other media (TP, etc). Both offer great filteration, but lots of people are scared of the TP filters.

AMSOIL's kit is a little more spendy, more spendy to keep up too, less messy though. Every 25k miles replace the spin-on bypass filter and replace the regular spin-on full flow filter when it should be (5k to 10k) miles.

The AMSOIL kit is nice. So are the other ones. The truly nice thing about BMK-13:

Is the lack of drilling required. No tapping your oil pan for a return line. Plus you can remote mount the filters somewhere else.

AMSOIL's HDD 5w30 is considered the best:

AMSOIL's CEO uses it in all of his vehicles. I've seen 6.0L PS diesels have great results with it....so if it can hold up to soot, 18:1 compression, and turbo oil temps I'm sure our 63 hp beasts can't hurt it. I used a few times on my dad's sebring with great results, but I've gotten similar results with the less expensive ASL 5w30.

I just did a quick price check. $235 for the BMK-13, BE110 filter, and SDF26 filter. That's to your door in the US after shipping/tax/etc etc etc.

The replacement BE110 filters are $25...ever 25k miles. So it's about the same cost per mile as a Motorcraft or Fram filter.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
      X