No announcement yet.

Need Help Replacing this radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that plug ur talkin about cant b a temp sensor, unless its really sensitive, when i did my swap i put an aftermarket temp gauge there and it only works when im idling for a long time, the water flows to quickly by it b/c of the water pump. i think ull b ok without replacin it
    "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
    The little Festy that could...and did!
    (Gone on to a new life)
    -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

Originally posted by SIBladerunner View Post
      that plug ur talkin about cant b a temp sensor, unless its really sensitive, when i did my swap i put an aftermarket temp gauge there and it only works when im idling for a long time, the water flows to quickly by it b/c of the water pump. i think ull b ok without replacin it
      it is a temp switch, changes state at 70degF

Also, the bottom tank is the return to the water pump, after the coolant has released it's heat thru the tubes/fins. The coolant doesn't move too fast there because of the pump. You got no significant temp reading, because you were measuring the temp of the coolant AFTER it had been cooled. A temp gauge is meant to measure the temp of the coolant BEFORE it gets cooled, ie; right at the thermostat.
      Last edited by FB71; 01-28-2009, 03:41 PM.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Ok, got everything out, went to put the radiator in and the stupid A/C condenser is in the way. Its fine with the single core, but with this 2-core its too fat. Anyone wanna buy an A/C setup? ha

Comment

Originally posted by 88FestivaLX View Post
          Ok, got everything out, went to put the radiator in and the stupid A/C condenser is in the way. Its fine with the single core, but with this 2-core its too fat. Anyone wanna buy an A/C setup? ha
          huh? I have a 2-core and AC, no fitment issues.

Check your condensor mounting, it's supposed to sit in two holes in the lower radiator support, in front of the radiator.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Well, I took the whole front end off and got everything to fit, ha. I'm guessing it has dealer installed A/C? The mounting brackets for the condenser consist of metal brackets that look like peg-board and sheet metal screws. I just tied up the Water Thermo Switch for now. It hasn't seemed to effect anything that I can tell. It still runs like crap (aka bucking, jumping etc) unless I'm at half throttle or more. Anyone think that my driveability issue could be fixed with a new clutch, engine/tranny mounts and a carb rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              huh? I have a 2-core and AC, no fitment issues.

Check your condensor mounting, it's supposed to sit in two holes in the lower radiator support, in front of the radiator.
              ... and there should also be a couple of rubber spacers where the top condenser brackets bolt to the rad support.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
              X