No announcement yet.

what else should i do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever rebuilt the carb? It may have dirt and stuff in it.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

88 festy

ok here is is the low down. the oil pump died. so i replaced it and while i was there i replaced the water pump,tensioner,timing belt,alt belt. you agree so far ? the alternator died on me three years ago took one out of my parts car. the starter died on me last year, replaced with one of my parts cars. the plugs ,cap,rotor,wires,pcv,filter,gaskets,all normal maintenace.the brakes and the master cylinder died, so i replaced it last year and greased the bearrings.so you see the only thing that really went bad was the oil pump. the rest was care. this festy like i said is one of the best cars ive owned . im 67 years old, ive had tons of cars in my lifetime. maybe the carb needs rebuilt it idles high.ill spray some carb cleaner and use some more sea foam thru the pcv suction. thanks guys for your input.

Comment

in all that stuff you replaced....maybe you need to keep a fuel pump in your car....they go out too.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

who does your mechanic work? I believe preventative maintnece is a must....but sheesh you replaced every engine related maintence part. In the last 2 years....
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I went through my Festiva with a fine toothed come after I bought it. I checked just about anything that could fail, and know exactly what shape each component is in, as well as if they are original or replacement parts.

These cars rarely just die on you. Normally they give you a lot of warning signs before breaking down, and in many cases people have still been able to limp home.

-Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
            X