Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safety Guy
    Welcome Pete!

I just went to my garage and checked my new remanufactured right CV axle that I got at A-Zone. The axle nut is 29mm. The large part number on the end of the box is 7674. The logo is covered with a tag, but it looks like "CCT."

Don't know how much help this is.

Karl
    Karl- thanks. I think it lends some support to the theory that mine isn't going to be the right one. I shall probably have to pull it up on the ramps and see if it looks like it's even close, and go from there. Thanks again. Pete

Comment

Just in case anyone else has the same question - the part I got (CCT 8331) fit fine. The new one had a 30 mm nut, same internal thread as the 29 mm nut on the OE axle. I reused the nut to avoid buying a 30 mm socket as well as the 29 mm. Pretty easy job really. I had to tap the end of the axle to get the circlip to go. The transaxle refill was the worst part- trying to use the speedo drive as a dipstick is a joke- it just got jammed in there when I tried to reinsert it. It's a bit easier to pull out in the first instance if you leave the cable on and pull on that. I used a stubby screwdriver for a dipstick- just compared the distance from the flange on the speedo drive to the distance from the handle of the screwdriver.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by blueLX
        It's a bit easier to pull out in the first instance if you leave the cable on and pull on that. .

Pete
        I did that and it broke the speedometer cable.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Right-side driveshaft donuts

A few years ago when I was rebuilding my current daily-driver Festivas, a Kia dealer sold me exact-match donuts for $7 each. I installed them on exchange driveshafts that I bought from Napa.
          88L black, dailydriver
          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
          4 88/89 disassembled
          91L green
          91GL aqua pwrsteer
          92GL red a/c reardmg
          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
          X