Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break prob

stock 91 efi GL auto
    ok i got this car and it had no breaks well it did when they to the floor and barely work. but when the car is off it will build some pressure. i took the calipers off new pads cleaned the calipers and got every thing working, but now the arnt getting any fluid or build pressure when they are off. only thing i could think of would be the rubber hoses collapsed but then they still should pump up but they dont so maybe would it be the booster of master cylinder is bad? what do you guys think

Hate to be the one to ask the dumb questions, but have you check your brake fluid and/or bled the brakes. Possible brake master cylinder as well.
    -Caleb
    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

haha yeah its full of fluid and i tried to bleed them and nuthin

Comment

As in nothing came out? or no air came out?
        -Caleb
        Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

my thoughts are air in the lines, or bad master cylinder....if you pump your brakes when car is on and it builds pressure its the master cylinder....same happend to my tahoe ...swapped the master cylinder and it fixed the prob....also when you bleed the brakes you have to start farthest from the cylinder and work your way towards it...so probably rear pass,then rear driver side,then front pass,then driverside front....if you dont do it in that order air can stay in the line.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

I've had 3 masters go bad on me and it sounds like thats your problem

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i know how to bleed the breaks i went to a school and took auto tech and my dads a mechanic so i know. but if i didnt mess with the back then no need to bleed. and i was just seening if what i think is what you guys think so i dont fix it and it didnt really fix it you know what i mean. and yeah no fluid no air nuthin.

Comment

I'd say your master cylinder is by-passing internally.

If you put another one on, don't forget to bench bleed it.

Comment

yeah i figured i would have to do that. i dont know how to do that tho

Comment

Working...
                  X