No announcement yet.

Grrrrrrrr dang cv axles!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when I replaced mine I had trouble getting em out so I just disassembled em and left the axel ends in. I was pry poppin the hell out of em but it was a no go...so I dropped the tranny and then pried/hammered and they came out. Of course, I was also doin a clutch soooo it made sense to drop the tranny for this. They can't not come out so just keep on pryin. And I'm with Future you should replace the seals if your not doing so.
    My Festiva: 92 1.3L, 5 speed, No options (yet), and 173,000 mi on original engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
      Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
      i've had one that would't come out we even broke part of the case so we just put it back together.
      Why 'am I not surprised at this!
      Because of who youre quoting.

Easiest to just use a pry bar. But do so GENTLY, you can crack the case and end up with more troubles than you started with. I think that everyones experience is different with CVs. What works for me or someone else may not work for you or the next guy.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

i disconnected the shock to pull the hub farther away, and used a prybar between the axle and trans to pop it out. It took a while and some profanities but they came out, and luckily the seal didnt get messed up. Good luck!
        Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

another idea i used was find a mechanic with a horseshoe type wedge, aint perfect and ya gotta remember that case could crack! but after three days tryin different ideas it worked(albeit this was after i pulled the engine with them still on. kindof... good luck and cheers
          light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.
          light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.:faroah:

Comment

Working...
          X