• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Rotella synthetic, 5w40
    ditto

with mostly highway miles, i change it when i think it is due

I am the original

Comment

Amsoil 10W-30 full synthetic and Amsoil filter (EA013 I think), 6 months or 10K miles- still looks gold on dipstick. (Original engine lasted over 300K)
      186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
      1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
      1992 aqua L (agua)
      1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Originally posted by hot4dl8ly View Post
        Amsoil 10W-30 full synthetic and Amsoil filter (EA013 I think), 6 months or 10K miles- still looks gold on dipstick. (Original engine lasted over 300K)
        was the 300k from amsoil oil used?

Comment

Anyone with a b3 should never change their oil more than twice a year. 6k or 30k two times is more than enough. The engines last too darn long to wait for them to fail for that upcoming swap. Top off with what you drained out of your other car. This also "reverse psycology's" your car to never break down. The A-hole treatment that works on shallow women should work on a machine right? LOL

If i had a low miles engine id grab the Rotella 5w-40 synthetic. Overkill for N/A but a great choice for boost.
          Last edited by getnpsi; 12-15-2009, 06:22 PM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I use only Motorcraft oil & filters on everything. I used to use Mobil 1 in the Festy (since it doesn't hold much), but after 120K miles I switched to Motorcraft Synth Blend.

As for oil change intervals, I always start out changing the oil as soon as it starts to become golden/light brown and you can't see through it anymore. That may only be 1,000 miles, but after doing this awhile it starts to stay cleaner progressively longer.
            After 4 or 5 changes it will usually go between 3,000 to 5,000 miles before needing changed.

I have also used larger oil filters on several different vehicles, but you have to make sure the filter bypass rating is compatible with factory specs. I heard Fram had an issue with this once on Hyundai engines. They started selling filters originally spec'd and designed for an existing Honda application because they would physically thread on and fit. Unfortunately, the bypass pressure spec was incorrect and the results were not good.
            This may only be a "wives tale" - I'm not sure.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Right now with the oil leak the interval whenever it's a 1/2 quart low I add 1/2 quart of Pennzoil High Mileage or 1/2 quart MMO.. I alternate. Change the filter at 3k since the MMO is cleaning stuff up a bit. When that's fix probably Pennzoil Platnuim at 10k/1 year intervals with MC or Pureone filter.
              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

how about oil filter part #'s?
                Anyone find one larger than the Fram PH3593A?

Comment

I never change oil.

I just replace filter and add a quart.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                    I never change oil.
                    :shock:
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

What? Adding a quart with a fresh filter is like 30% new oil. Haha. Between what it burns off and having to keep topped off, oil stays amber brown all the time.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Cheapo Wal-Mart or Mejier brand 5w-30 with Purolator Pureone filter. I use the B6 filter instead of the larger B3 filter, but they both fit. Smaller filter equals quicker oil pressure on startup.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Just did my first oil change on my new Festiva. Valvoline High Mileage Synth Blend 5w30 with Fram High Mileage Filter. Would transitioning to full synthetic be a bad idea at 158,000?
                          Ben Rogers, Admin of the
                          Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
                          '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
                          '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
                          '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

Working...
                          X