Window Mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Mechanism

What is the best and easiest way to pull a window mechanism off of a Festiva? Not the crank the insides with the gear attached to it. Can I just pull of that geared part? I tried to pull on at the JY yesterday but could not cut the cable that was running through it. I have another question but can't remember what it is right now. Could you also PM me a response so I can see it at work . Thanks in advance.
    :festiva::newb::festiva:

Originally posted by wrongfulleaf View Post
    What is the best and easiest way to pull a window mechanism off of a Festiva? Not the crank the insides with the gear attached to it. Can I just pull of that geared part? I tried to pull on at the JY yesterday but could not cut the cable that was running through it. I have another question but can't remember what it is right now. Could you also PM me a response so I can see it at work . Thanks in advance.
    There's a few nuts/bolts attatching it to the door. Take those off and the whole assembly comes out in one piece
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
      There's a few nuts/bolts attatching it to the door. Take those off and the whole assembly comes out in one piece
      I took out those 3 bolt that attach it to the door but it was attached to the whole window assembly with braided wires. Do I have to pull the whole thing? I really only need the gear assembly (mine when purchased did not have a crank or the gear part, it was broken half way in).

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfulleaf View Post
        I took out those 3 bolt that attach it to the door but it was attached to the whole window assembly with braided wires. Do I have to pull the whole thing? I really only need the gear assembly (mine when purchased did not have a crank or the gear part, it was broken half way in).
        Yeah, there's a few more bolts holding the rest in...probably easier to just take the whole deal out and swap it into yours
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^ x2..... It's just the 2 bolts holding the window. Then 2-4 more holding the track. You almost had that one if you already had the crank un done.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Yeah dont wreck an assembly trying to do it the easy way. There is no easy way. You have to remove and swap the entire assembly.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
              Yeah dont wreck an assembly trying to do it the easy way. There is no easy way. You have to remove and swap the entire assembly.
              Thanks guys, I was kinda expecting that would be the answer but I just wanted to make sure. Thankfully there are 2 in my local junk yard

Comment

Working...
              X