Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can aspire axles be used in a festiva (any combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can aspire axles be used in a festiva (any combo)

Reason: I have 4 axles, 1 of which is brand new. I don\t plan on getting another aspire (to drive anyway) Is my only alternative to sell them on the aspire site?
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Aspire axles are Very slightly longer. If I remember 1/4" or something like that. I used em in my festiva, but I was using aspire struts and spindles too. (with the aspire 5 speed)
    Previous:
    1991 GL. (01' ranger lights!) P/S,A/C Sold to Mum.
    1990 auto. hacked up rally toy.
    1988 5 speed. The pile
    1993 5 speed.
    1995 5 speed aspire. Gutted for the 90' auto.

Comment

WHATTTTTTTTT? Perris? Another socal guy? Few and far between we are. I plan on using lots of aspire things, such as the 5 speed and full swap as well. How is it longer, more threads out of the hub, or is everything pushed out more? as long as it works with no binding then game on ill deal with it even if it looks funny. Wider wheels are the idea in the future as well.
      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        WHATTTTTTTTT? Perris? Another socal guy? Few and far between we are. I plan on using lots of aspire things, such as the 5 speed and full swap as well. How is it longer, more threads out of the hub, or is everything pushed out more? as long as it works with no binding then game on ill deal with it even if it looks funny. Wider wheels are the idea in the future as well.
        Everything would be pushed out more, not just longer threads on the axle; so they couldn't be used, since the LCA length and tie rod length determine the position of the knuckle.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Hm so which is it? if i grab aspire control arms it works? New control arms cost less than more axles.
          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            Hm so which is it? if i grab aspire control arms it works? New control arms cost less than more axles.
            You would still have the tie rod issue; so just pushing the knuckle out farther doesn't do it. Short answer, just use Festy axles, sell the Aspire ones.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X