• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first festiva i ever drove was an 89 4 speed with a shift light

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sorry the manual dosent state anything else not even in the transmission section.
      Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

I appreciate the efforts to help me out here. This isn't a big deal, but I figured that since I have the shift-light capability on the new cluster, it would be a nice novelty to have it functional.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Looking through some of the other schematics I found that on 94 and later had a upshift light with the manual trans. At least this is what the book is displaying. In this case it is a pink wire that goes from the light to the "5th gear switch" (as it is labeled in the book). From there the wire is blue and white and goes to the powertrain control module. Maybe someone can tell us if their 94 has an upshift light.

Comment

The light is also wired in with the malfuntion light. I am assuming that that is the check engine light. In which case it is wired into a 15 amp fuse which can be found in the dash fuse panel labeled meter. This is for the 94-95 engine control system

Comment

The Haynes manual 94 and up stuff is talking about Aspire stuff.
              '90 LX

Comment

The biggest hurdle would likely be the extra sensor on the 4 speed case. Without it, the light *should* stay on continuously without it in 5th gear. It isn't drilled and tapped for it in the other Festiva cases that I have seen.
                I added a couple of pictures. The first is a 4 speed with the two holes for the shift unit, and the other, IIRC is the backup light switch.
                Last edited by m715; 01-25-2010, 06:01 PM.
                Have owned 9 so far
                White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                  The Haynes manual 94 and up stuff is talking about Aspire stuff.
                  Thanks, That cleared up things for me at least. I dont know much about the aspire since I have a festiva. Who knows maybe one day I will get an aspire.

Comment

Working...
                  X