Windows Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Question???

I've replaced both window regulators on Hot Rod because the old ones didn't work at all. After several months both windows are rolling up crooked. I've tried making adjustments but keep having the same problems. They both appear to be on track but I'm having to hold the windows up straight to roll them up completely. My inexperience is showing I've done the search thing and haven't found answers. Any suggestions?
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

I believe I remember seeing some have lubed the tracks the window rides in and that helps them not grab on the way up.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Thats what i do to mine . Just use a little of that white grease and you are back in business.
      IF you never succed at what you are trying to do then maybe failur is your style

Comment

ahhh mine do this too so thats the trick. good because i hate it
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^we can take care of that when i see you Fri.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i read on one of the threads that vaseline works great. I used vaseline myself and I would have to say my windows slide up and down smoother than ever. before i would have to shove it down and up.

Comment

Spray silicone works too.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

hmm, Im going to have to try one of these... Just today I was trying to fix my window from doing this, and I couldn't see anything wrong... lol
                -Josh R

Comment

Yup lube lube lube!! And yes I am still talking about your windows!!
                  The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
                  1988 LX ~sold~
                  1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
                  2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
                  1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
                  2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

Great advice guys. I'll try that this weekend.
                    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
                    '02 F-150 Supercrew
                    '02 Excursion 4x4
                    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

If I use KY Intense, will my car tell me I'm the man??:p

Just hit mine with some spray silicone, makes a world of difference. Don't have to be Ahnold to roll them up now.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                        Don't have to be Ahnold to roll them up now.
                        who...an old,flabby ex body builder/actor......hehehehehe
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I have to suggest the spray silicone works best because it doesn't attact dust like a paste lube does. It also does not last as long though, so you must reapply it about every two months, and if you go to paint the car, you will have one *%@(*& of a time avoiding fisheyes in your paint. Mazda regulators get play that cannot be adjusted out with age, and the weatherstrips shrink up are the two real culprits. Roger sold me one new set of weatherstrips a few years back. You think YOUR windows are hard to roll up!!! They are just now starting to get set to the place you hope the crank won't snap off in your hand while rolling it up! BTW, I have been an Auto Glass tech for 26 years.

Michael

Hey Bat!! Have ya tried that out yet?
                          Have owned 9 so far
                          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

^^^^^^If I use KY Intense, will my car tell me I'm the man??:p

haha thats great:p
                            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I dont think so, I tried it on my car and all it did was ask, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? It kinda hurt my feelings.
                              IF you never succed at what you are trying to do then maybe failur is your style

Comment

Working...
                              X