brake pads dead in 10k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pads dead in 10k miles

should I be concerned? last had them changed by Brake check. No weird driving situations or abnormal noises/smells/anything since then. worried? no?
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

check the sliders, most likely seized

and was the master cylinder replaced too?

I am the original

Comment

or possibly a collapsed flex line, i've seen that before

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

were both sides worn out at the same time?

possible the rear brakes are hanging causing the fronts to do all of the braking

I am the original

Comment

There could be a mechanical problem, or it could be just cheap inferior pads. I've seen several sets of pads wear out in 10K - 20K miles. In all cases, they were the cheapest pads available installed by a budget muffler & brake house. I once made the mistake of buying the cheapest pads I could get from O'Rielly's for my wife's Explorer. They lasted for less than a year of in-town driving. I replaced them with the best quality NAPA pads and never had another issue.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

ceramic is the only way to go

I am the original

Comment

but they eat up your rotors if you don't have high quality ones... ask me how I know, lol
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
              X