No announcement yet.

Aspire headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have no issues i know to many people and am trusted so yeah i just ask and i can get the part for free so yeah i can actually get it by askin and doin a favor in return to sometimes
    FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Well, napa had the part in stock. It doesn't show up on the computer, but they have a book of random relays, and it had one for ford 1989-1997 (part number AR374) that looked just like it. I plugged it in, and still have nothing. They come on bright if you pull the switch forward, as if flashing someone for their brights, but other than that, only a very dim light whether on brights or low beams. I don't think it could be a ground since jumping the relay plug makes them come on and the "flash" function works good. Any other ideas? I was sure it was the relay. Has anyone ever bought a relay that was already bad? They won't let me return it if defective, but I would like to know if it could be the problem. Thanks for the information guys!
      Last edited by doylerl; 04-28-2010, 04:21 PM.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

check the bulbs and pulls the wires nd check them then check your grounds around the engine bay i bet u have a ground somewhere in the front not getting a proper ground grab a good gauge wire and ground the battery to the car and have some one turn the lights on maybe that could be the issue
        FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          My guess is a melted socket the bulb plugs into. with aspires you shouldn't go anything more than stock replacement bulbs or the wires heat up and melt the sockets. I had to fix them on my 95 I just bought, and on my other 95 I had back in the day.
          Are you saying we, including Festiva owners, should avoid moving up to those bulbs that are supposed to be 30% brighter? I ask because since I moved up to them in my '90 Festiva L, I have had several headlight relays go bad. I'm wondering if there is a higher current draw through them which shortens the lives of relays. The listed wattage of both types of bulbs is the same, 45/65 W.

John Gunn
          Coronado, CA
          John Gunn
          Coronado, CA

Improving anything
          Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

Working...
          X