Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
    i have tried by aldata but i cant understand the diagram its to hard
    I'm sure you're right when it comes to understanding the flow of vacuum through the system, but when it comes to the routing of the hoses, you can just think of the diagrams as road maps where the hoses are like roads. They all start somewhere and end somewhere else. For example, you've got a hose connected to a certain device, but you don't know where the other end should connect. Find the first device on the diagram and with your finger follow the hose from there to where it ends somewhere else on the diagram. Find that place on the engine, and that's where you plug it in.

Not having seen these particular diagrams, my example may be overly simplistic, but the information you seek will be there if you can grasp the correspondence between engine and page.

In short, I believe you will get this figured out. And when you do, you will be well on your way to becoming the resident expert on the vacuum system on carbureted Festivas. No mean feat.

John Gunn
    Coronado, CA
    Last edited by JohnGunn; 04-27-2010, 02:49 AM.
    John Gunn
    Coronado, CA

Improving anything
    Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

i will try my best i understand its just gona take a while but soon or later i'll get it

Originally posted by JohnGunn View Post
      I'm sure you're right when it comes to understanding the flow of vacuum through the system, but when it comes to the routing of the hoses, you can just think of the diagrams as road maps where the hoses are like roads. They all start somewhere and end somewhere else. For example, you've got a hose connected to a certain device, but you don't know where the other end should connect. Find the first device on the diagram and with your finger follow the hose from there to where it ends somewhere else on the diagram. Find that place on the engine, and that's where you plug it in.

Not having seen these particular diagrams, my example may be overly simplistic, but the information you seek will be there if you can grasp the correspondence between engine and page.

In short, I believe you will get this figured out. And when you do, you will be well on your way to becoming the resident expert on the vacuum system on carbureted Festivas. No mean feat.

John Gunn
      Coronado, CA
      FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Emailed you pics of the complete vac diagram from the ford manual. Should put you on your way.
        The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
        1988 LX ~sold~
        1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
        2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
        1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
        2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

yeah i figured out the behind the carb thats fixed now i need the sensors on the firewall on the driver side to complete it right now if back fires alitle bit
          Last edited by 1988redfordfestiva; 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

theres the video its on youtube check it out and let me know if u know where these go ? been tryin to figure it out all day

Comment

where do you live alaska? never daylight in your vids. haha jk jk

I couldn't tell ya about the vac lines. Some super detailed pics of their engine bay may help...I'd do it for ya but I dont have carby. and I already exhausted all options from the haynes...I know kartracer and batstiva and aglatfe1 have carbies. you coule put a piece of tape on the ones you know is right, then start plugging the others in wherever and see what works. haha
                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

lol i will do it tonight with the drop light i know my garage is very dark i got alot of stuff goin on in there

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X