Was running good and then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was running good and then....

Well, I was going to work and had the girl running around 70 and it sputtered a little and then cut off, looks down at the temp. Gauge and it was pegged out. Pulled over and pop the hood and see what was left of the coolant and oil all over the motor. It is a B3 auto. I know the head is bad now but what ells do yall think is bad now?

I say its time for a motor swap. Probably will be cheaper in the long run too. Head could be warped. Who knows what kind of damage it did to your bearings. If you did blow the headgasket be sure to strip that motor down asap and get all the water out of it if you plan on saving it. All in all I would swap motors or find a stock replacement.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Ya, kind of thinking the same thing. Its a auto i may just sell for parts and find me a 5speed.

Comment

What kind of condition is the body in?

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Pass side has a dent in ever panel large one in quarter panel, driver side in good shape. No rust.

Comment

Drop in a BP

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

bp, bp, bp... one of us, one of us!
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Couldn't you hear any problem with the running of the engine before it totally failed? Were you listening to the radio? Bad muffler? Just curious.

John Gunn
                Coronado, CA
                John Gunn
                Coronado, CA

Improving anything
                Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

It was running a little hot, not bad but just a little the day befor and it was hot outside. it stopped running around 6:30 am on my way to work. Did not hear a thing just stopped.lol

Comment

Working...
                  X