93 festiva no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levitan View Post
    I'll bet he has a bad resistor(not sure if that is what it's called) behind the battery, behind the driver's side headlight, behind and beneath the radiator overflow bottle bracket. There are three of them, up in a rubber sheath. One is for the headlights, not sure what the other one is for, and one is for power. Consult with Musclecar1, he had the same problem.
    Think you mean relay.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by tim jeffery View Post
      hi john i have got 4 ign. moduales, and have tried them all, i will check that ground connector you mentioned thanks. little hoe i checked that roll over switch, thanks. when the engine is cranking the power from the coil out is reduced to about 6 volts. thanks tim
      If you have 6v engine cranking on the neg of the coil that seems right as the module would give about a 50% dwell to the coil. For the coil to be dropping voltage I would think that the module and coil are ok. It could be a problem on the secondarys of the coil but 3x, you would have to be the unluckiest person around.

My guess is that you are losing the spark somewhere, possibly a cracked dizzy cap or high resistance in the coil lead. Pull off the cap and inspect for cracks, also check the rotor arm, they can crack and the spark will run straight down the dizzy shaft. Check the resistance of your coil lead, giving it a wiggle and bend as you are checking it. From memory 6kohm or less per foot of lead.

Comment

Working...
      X