No announcement yet.

Weak spark and no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone pretty please give me the main relay part number? That is all I need to replace. Didn't want to start a brand new post since this idea was mentioned here already.

P.S. Everything has already been diagnosed. Monsoon mentions this in another post about interchangeable parts, but I didn't see any resolution about the main relay.
    Last edited by xlence; 10-13-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

If anyone is wondering, this is the main relay I am looking for. If there is a way to simply and safely "make" this relay, let me know that also. Thanks

Sorry for the bad circle coloring.

Last edited by xlence; 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I am starting to feel like I got banned and I didn't get the memo...sniff sniff. So let's try this question:

Does anyone know if you can replace the main relay with any four prong relay?

Comment

I don't see why you can't.
          Just make sure it is the same specs as far as amps etc go, no clue what the original is rated at.

Have you tested yours? you can use a test light or multimeter to see if its working.
          Have some one turn the key on while you are touching the relay, does it "click" when the key is turned on?

I thought mine had went bad and tried to find one, none out there that I found so I got one out of a wrecking yard. turned out to be something else.
          Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
          1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Thanks for replying. Right now it seems to work 95% of the time but I am paranoid of what has happened twice now which is going out to my car and getting nothing. Perhaps I should just unsolder it, check/confirm it's tip top, clean it and resolder. Right now it doesn't look as if I can get a replacement without manually making one.

Comment

Xlence, I'm working on a part number for you. Just takes a little time. And, I didn't see your question right away, d'oh!! :banghead:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am liked again!!!!

Thanks Batstiva!!

Comment

Hmmm...5 more days and no relay part number...no answers. I guess this info truly doesn't exist. Well thanks everyone who at least looked at my post.

Comment

xlence, I've got my local Ford shop tracking down the part number for you. They don't even have any Festiva books anymore, so it's taking some time. Haven't forgotten about you.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

ohhhhhh kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy:sad11:

Comment

Working...
                      X