Brake rotor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake rotor replacement

I have a 88 festy 1.3 ltr and need to replace the brake rotors as they are the original ones. how does one get the bearing hub assy to seperate from the
    rotor plate? I have worked on other cars with front disc's but the rotor plate is usually a quite simple, straight forward replacement. Is it pressed on? I know it has locating pins, (4). It is pretty rusted so I tried quite a bit of penatrating oil on it and I used a pry bar and two sides and it still would not break loose. What is the deal with these rotors?

Thanks for whatever help you can give........

jokoza57
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his
    only begotten son, that whosoever believes in
    him should not parish, but have everlasting life."

The rotors are bolted to the back of the hub.

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
    Last edited by lessersivad; 08-05-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

If you have the patience/skill/cash, it would be worth your while to pursue upgrading to Aspire components instead. They have the "standard" brake rotor setup, and are much better in every single way. But yes, as stated above, the rotors are bolted on to the backs.

It's about as logical as making control arms locked to balljoints and routing an intake over a hot engine... oh wait.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
      X