No announcement yet.

Don't trust mechanics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what my "other" festy is for, anything me or my friend need done to my car, we test it on the "broken" one to figure out how to do it right. Hopefully I will get her running one day, but for now shes parts and practice. I can't believe they made your boots look like that and didnt notice it. thats 100% unprofessional.

Comment

The car thats in the pics above with the rack on it. I took that in to get it aligned and they said "sorry its too old, we can't do an alignment on those". I said "why not? its the same as a new car!" to which they said "Oh, we just don't have the paper work that tells us what toe in they need" so I told them its about 6 degrees (from memory not too sure now lol) and they set them straight ahead! I took three cars into them all in one hit. They stuffed the festy and the minx. They said they can't do an alignment on my commodore cos its rack is too loose! I can tell you its rack is fine! Also I checked my Commodore today and the factory alloy mags have slight scuffing around the lip from them changing tyres! Grrr! Morons! I own my own computer business and I would kill myself if I did shotty work and computers don't hold your life when you use them!

Oh well, might have to throw my old rack through there window with a lovely note attached :evil2:
      Fun and Festy!
      www.zappascomputers.com.au
      My Festy, My Girls Festy and My Hillman Minx

Comment

Originally posted by BrianFestiva View Post
        Oh well, might have to throw my old rack through there window with a lovely note attached :evil2:
        No note attached, no point in giving the authorities more evidence.
        But, I would add a brick, or two, to a few other windows, just to do a proper job of it!
        Last edited by Pu241; 08-21-2010, 06:09 AM.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

My experience over 30 odd years of fixing cars is that if you need an alignment, take it to an alignment shop. Don't be the one that goes to a steak joint and orders fish and then complains that they don't know how to cook.
          "If you come to a fork in the road, take it".... Yogi Berra

Comment

We don't have alignment shops. We have certain idiots who bought alignment machines that think they're "experts" now. The one guy I'd trust to do one can't/won't afford the machine. I deal with idiots or do it myself. Working on the latter. Till then, the idiots have it. No choice.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Thats the thing they are a tyre and alignment place! Oh well live and learn!
              Fun and Festy!

Comment

I'm a mechanic, and I don't trust anyone either...hahahaha
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I have automotive certificate 1 so i only barley trust myself lol
                  But at least I haven't made any stuff ups!
                  Last edited by BrianFestiva; 08-21-2010, 07:59 PM.
                  Fun and Festy!

Comment

realisticaly, those boots are supposed to slip (retain their shape) when the inner tierod is rotated.... the boots are siezed to the tierod and that's why they're twisted.

and not to defend the "tech" but i do alignments all day IN THE DARK.... there's no lights under the cars on the alignment racks that i've ever worked on. hard to see black on black...
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva
                      I'm a mechanic, and I don't trust anyone either...hahahaha
                      Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      realisticaly, those boots are supposed to slip (retain their shape) when the inner tierod is rotated.... the boots are siezed to the tierod and that's why they're twisted.

and not to defend the "tech" but i do alignments all day IN THE DARK.... there's no lights under the cars on the alignment racks that i've ever worked on. hard to see black on black...
                      the above 2 people....all the more reason not to trust mechanics....lol:p
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^ bite me!! ;-)
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Sorry man, that is ugly !
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I'm more of a seamstress than mechanic, but that is OBVIOUSLY not right!

Comment

I just put boots on mine. Zip-tied the big end, and left the small end unfastened. The small end fits into a groove on the tie rod, and I have some grease in the groove too. So the boot will probably not rotate when I adjust the tie rod; but it's easy to visually check.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^ definitely wouldn't trust his mechanic :lol:
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X