No announcement yet.

laggy take off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you ever herd of one doing that before? The car will roll around with the push of a little finger. Ill check anyway.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Thats not it if you can push it.. Just wanted to verify that you aren't just fighting the brakes...
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I mean ill check the brakes just to make sure they are working the right way. But yes its not the brakes. I really do think its the timing. Just havent had the time to check it yet.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Occhty View Post
          Check the air flow tube for leaks from the box to the intake, any rips or holes will restrict the vane operation.
          Also wet/damp dist cap (had alot of rain lately?) this normally creates a cutout like water in the fuel.
          +1
          this one got me

Had me racking my head till i finally found a crack in the rubber tube from the air box / black tapped it and was good to go / ran 100 % better
          73 pinto sedan 2.0/auto stock
          74 pinto h/b turbo 2.3/t5/8.8=4:10
          79 pinto wagon 2.3/4speed light mods
          96 f250 daily driver work/tow rig
          93 festiva 1.3/5speed
          1973 pinto custom teardrop trailer
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDxRzM4vMM

wanted cars
          79 ford courier
          60-70 datsun PU
          LEE CAR
          horizon 2.5 turbo swap
          75 honda cvcc b18 or vteck swap
          71 datsun 510 wagon (4th car ownd 1 i drove daily)
          older vw rabbit & dasher
          1936 ford truck
          cobra kit turbo2.3 5speed

Comment

i will really double check this then. I took the bolts out of my air box but it didnt make it run any better or worse. I even tried to put a gap in the air box just to see what would happen. It still didnt have any effect. I will try to shut it complete off from the outside air (how its is from factory) and see if it runs better. Thanks again guys.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by apintonut View Post
              +1
              this one got me

Had me racking my head till i finally found a crack in the rubber tube from the air box / black tapped it and was good to go / ran 100 % better
              Just to make sure. Do you know that you can use a can of starter fluid to locate cracks like this one, described by apintonut, and leaks in the vacuum system? Spray the suspected ducts, hoses, and connections. If the engine responds by speeding up, you have found a leak.

John Gunn
              Coronado, CA
              John Gunn
              Coronado, CA

Improving anything
              Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

o thats cool thanks man.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I hope to get an hour to play with the car tonight. i will try the air tubes make sure no leaks are found. I hope to get time to take a look at the timeing on it. if i get to the timeing i will snap some pics and post them for help. if you wanna help
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X