No announcement yet.

Replaceing pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a manual and it is carborated. Is the swap really not that bad? I found that write up on it and for me that seems like hell but ive never swaped an engine

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
      Who cares about what made the engine blow up. Its a stock B3. This gives him the chance to swap in a b6 or b8 or bp. BTW I have built engines.
      The reason you'd care about what made it blow, is because people are recommending rebuilding it. See where I'm going with that? If he puts $300 worth of new pistons and a water pump in it and the injector is bad, what do you think will happen...
      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by lowtide206 View Post
        It is a manual and it is carborated. Is the swap really not that bad? I found that write up on it and for me that seems like hell but ive never swaped an engine
        The b6 swap into a fuel injected festiva is "Plug and Play", yes you'd have to rent a engine hoist, but the actual job is pretty easy, and only requires basic hand tools.
        The problem with a swap for you though, is the fact that your car is carbed. The b6 from your year and after is, that they're fuel injected engines. Don't get me wrong, Fuel injection is a good thing, but now would require a gas tank change, fuel pump change, and additional fuel line plumbing to make it all work. All doable, but no longer plug and play is all.
        Last edited by iceracerdude; 09-16-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Swapping engines isn't to bad as long as you know what your doing and have researched it. I have swapped 2 B8's and about to help my bro swap a bp-t. Mine is getting a B8 soon hopefully.

Read all you can on this forum and you will be good to go.
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Iceracerdude, he can still do a B6 swap, he just needs to find a first gen engine (or at least a first gen head) and then swap on his existing intake and exhaust. that's what Scrappy has and it was easy.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I agree, that's what I'd be looking at.

Comment

sooo i put a new piston in it and got it all back together. I just started it without the intake parts and hoses connected. it smoked a bit and idled really high. i have the idle screw backed off all the way and hooked up the big hoses going into the intake and dont know how to get it to idle down.

i appreciate all info and dont ever want to do this again

Comment

would timeing cause it to idle high? no tach

Comment

I would say hook up all the vac lines first, then see where you're at with the idle. I dont know much about carbs though...
                    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Working...
                    X