No announcement yet.

a few problems with my 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok. i'll look at that. I'm hoping its more or less a vacuum problem then anything else.

now i just have to figure out this pesky transmission thing
    1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
      Yea. the actual distributor only fits on the cam one way. I then adjusted it back to the marks i made before i took it off. it just seems like either the injectors aren't firing at the right time, or are clogged or something. as soon as the boy takes another nap i'm gonna go back out and take a look.

is there any other way to test if an injector is firing without a noid light?
      With a mechanics stethoscope, you can hear them "tick" A few bucks at harbor freight. Or, a long extension will sub for one...
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
        I wanted to edit that above message, but i guess it's been to long since i posted it, lol

I checked the tb itself. I cant believe i missed this. It only had 2 bolts on it, and they were finger tight, lol.

I can't seem to find the other 2 bolts, but, the car did start right up after tightening them. Still idles around the 2500-2800 rpm range. throttle response was, eh, no so good. it bogged down if i was quick about it, but when i took my time, it went up.

and also, since i'm not to familiar with festiva OBD-1, i'm getting a code 9 (9 quick flashes) I know what that is. But i also get one long flash after that, and 8 quick flashes. When i was working on my 91 S10 with OBD-1, that would have been a code 18. However, i see code 18 dosen't exist for EFI festivas (according to my Haynes manual) is that long flash like a divider between codes or something. If it is, then I'm getting a code 8, which is the VAF. That could cause some of these problems, right?
        Well, that would be a vacuum leak
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

lol, sweet.

i'm gonna go over later and double check everything i possibly can.

It really is nice to have people help you when that have a clear head
          1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Comment

i thought i posted again, but i must have closed out, lol.

i now have a verrrryyyy small vacuum leak on the top of the tb gasket, but that i can live with.

the car is pulling a long flash of the check engine light, i'd assume a code 1 as well as a code 09, which i knew about

Code 1 is about the idm. If the car starts and runs, why would it be pulling this code?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Working...
              X