No announcement yet.

Front and rear bearings howling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry Bomb has the same howl starting at 20 moh, too, when it is running. LOL I was told that in my case, it was the bearings howling in the tranny. I was driving it like that for 2 years, to include cross-country from PA to Texas last year this time and never had any issues, but the noise.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

bearings

Good news,Levitan has a press and at some point this week i will make the drive up to D.M. to see the Mid West Enforcer A.K.A. The Super Model,Friends is there anything more i should know about spliting the hub, bearing remove and replace. Thanks guys for the help.Hey hawkdoc60 glad to hear that you were able to get Cherry Bomb back,ya it starts at 20 mph and just gets annoying,so crank up the tunes,then the wife gets annoyed,crap can't win.The Haynes says the trans takes 2.6 qts is that right,seems kinda low,did the speedo,dipstick check,looks O.K.
      Last edited by sc72; 10-18-2010, 05:53 PM. Reason: just because
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

If your in the Supermodels good graces your in good, and the only thing I can add is tell the Supermodel to drop in every now and then.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          If your in the Supermodels good graces your in good, and the only thing I can add is tell the Supermodel to drop in every now and then.
          Will do and thanks for the help. HEY!! thanks to all who replied.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
          X