• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
    IIRC, the Moog's I've seen were "made in Korea."

Hmmm.

Karl

Whats your point, have you forgotten where our cars were made?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Occhty View Post
      Also, some do, some don't, but as long as the ball joint has a little bump/curve on the bottom. You can drill a small hole and install a grease fitting. This will allow you to add grease to the joint and prolong it's life much longer.
      The set I got last spring for Annie came with grease fittings. I believe I got them from Carquest.

As for the LCAs, take Safetyguy's advice and apply PB liberally prior to attempting to disassemble. Trust me, it is no fun trying to figure out what you are going to do about those captive nuts once they break loose. :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

My point was that they weren't "made in America." I don't mind their being made in Korea at all. The "hmmm" was considering if I remembered correctly or had actual Moog parts, or if Moog has multiple sourcing for LCAs.

Question: Does anyone have LCAs that actually SAY "Moog" on them? I don't. I just go by the packaging. I know designer purses, jet aircraft parts and such are often faked, but how about name brand car parts?

As far as "buy American" is concerned, I do so when I can, and if it ain't too expensive. Certain tools are almost "throwaway" in their nature, while others need to be as quality made as possible. Some foreign stuff is quite "quality." Some isn't. Just depends on your anticipated needs.

I really don't mind "buying foreign" either. I don't begrudge any working folks their due. It's the politicians and political systems that create 99% of all the trouble.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I bought two sets (4) from Autozone. Why two sets? They come with a lifetime warranty. So... when one set wears out, I swap in the new, and return the bad (and wait for AZ to replace them...)

Cheers,

Scott
          Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

check this item number on EBAY. 140357665692

Comment

Working...
            X