Leaking Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Window

Ok so the good news is I have my panels off ready to be covered in new fabric & door trim is all painted flat black Bad news is as I drove in the rain to pull rent $ out at bank I noticed my drivers door is leaking at the front dripping down to stock speaker hole(drip seems to be from where window seal meets the side mirror) & it also has a leak by the back dripping down onto the inside of the outside handle backside(seems to have a gap at end of the window seal also). The window seal is in good shape and has tight contact w/ window it just seems to leak at the ends of the seals. I would like to mount door speakers and was just wondering if anyone has had this problem or has suggestions on a way to fix it. Ill try to post pics when rain lets up. Thanks in advance for any advice
    Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

bad news

Green Sales has no stock for the L/H outer belt molding.
    There is nothing like new flocked rubber for keeping out water.
    That is the molding that has the most wear and tear.
    I will see if I can find an equivalent 3 door Kia Pride part number for everyone.

Comment

FMS doesn't carry new door to jamb seals? . Roll down the window and tweak the window frame. It is brazed to the door itself. Maybe over the years some idiot has tried to break into the car,and bent it.

Another option would be to find a low mileage festiva and swap out seals..
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Humming Bird

Kia North America has no access to part lists for European models. So, I have asked Humming Bird Kia in London, England for part number, price, availability and delivery. I will keep everyone updated.

Comment

K thanks for the help on door seals but that's not whats leaking (LoL sorry poor description on my part w/out the pics). So now that rain has stopped and the sun is up here are pics of the leaking spots.

Comment

belt

What you photographed is the belt molding.

I am trying to see if it's possible to buy some new L/H Outer belts from over 'ome. I am unsure what the Kia equivalent part number is.

The inner Kia belt number is KD00159810. But I don't know if it's for a 3 door or a 5 door Pride.

Comment

Thanks man thought belt molding was another term for jam seal. Now I know the technical term not just window seal might make finding a new one easier But until I find one do you have any ideas to rig the gaps at the ends of the moldings- was thinking a little silicone caulk maybe or a little piece of putty weld???

Comment

Yours may have been cut too short. Why don't you get another one from the junk yard and try replacing it first? You just have to wind down the window and carefully push on the tabs with a small screwdriver, releasing at one side and working your way to the other side.
                Some water is expected to get down there. That's why there are drain holes at the bottom of every door.
                You could buy a new outside molding for the passenger door from Green Sales.
                All door speakers should be backed by a plastic covering for protection.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 12-01-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Window felt squeegees is what i call them.
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

did anyone ever locate an equivalent kia number?
                    mine rattle and drive me crazy ;p

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    What you photographed is the belt molding.

I am trying to see if it's possible to buy some new L/H Outer belts from over 'ome. I am unsure what the Kia equivalent part number is.

The inner Kia belt number is KD00159810. But I don't know if it's for a 3 door or a 5 door Pride.

Comment

You probably have some broken plastic retainer tabs. Just go yo the junkyard and pop them out of another Festiva. First, roll the window all the way down.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I figure it makes it a lot easier for searching when things are kept together.
                        My questions is:
                        Does anyone have a source for the outside belt molding clips.. the gray ones? I have several yellow ones but no good gray ones.
                        Cant find any Festivas in the junk yard any more and when I do the gray clip are brittle or broken.

Will any other car make/models fit?

Comment

Working...
                        X