dash cluster broken!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash cluster broken!!!

i have a 93 festiva L the dash cluster completely quit working....i have checked every wire, fuses and connection possible... could the cluster be bad???

93 festy L "bruiser"

Standard "speedo only" cluster?

Are you talking lighting or the whole shebang? Is your speedo working?

I really can't see ALL the connections coming off at once...speedo clip and two wireset plugs.

Have you taken it out and looked at it?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

If you just mean the speedo it may have a broken cable.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

i ahve a broken speedo cable...need to replace but hard to find parts up here...the lights work but no gauges..i'm at a loss with it ...thanks for replying by the way...will post pics tommorow of it...and yes i have had it off

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

Originally posted by 93babyblue View Post
          ...need to replace but hard to find parts up here...the lights work but no gauges..
          And where would "up here" be?
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

waukesha, WI it is a speedo only cluster with a temp gauge and gas gauge...

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

when you get a chance add your location to your profile. As for the speedo....the fuel and temp gauge also do not work? Was this before or after you had it out?
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

it was before... i have a set of subs could i have shorted something?? the speed broke awile ago

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

You should be able to order a speedo cable from a McParts store; if one doesn't have it, keep looking, someone will be able to get it. Or try RockAuto.com.

Check your fuses if you haven't already, for the broken fuel and temp gauges.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'm thinking if they have separate power and common ground it's most likely the ground.
                    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

would u happen to know where that ground would be or should i just look it up in the chilton manual

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

sorry, point of veiw of theory, not practice.
                        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

should i try to use a multimeter??? would that diagnose the problem? and it should be at roughly 12 volts right?

93 festy L "bruiser"

Comment

If the speedo casing is OK, get a core made up at any speed shop. Here are the diagrams for the gauges. They are from a 1990 EVTM, but how much did they change? There is another splice after S219 that feeds the cooling fan relay, or does the key - lights warning buzzer work? If so then the Meter fuse and S219 are good.

Comment

Page 60-3 has the troubleshooting, can not forget that!

Comment

Working...
                              X