Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    What is this?
    It's a product you add to your fuel tank before taking an emissions test. It's supposed to reduce emission levels. I don't know how much I trust it's claims, but I have never used it. I've heard that it increases the octane level of your gas so it'll burn more completely or something.

I have a feeling this would increase the heat in my engine though, which wouldn't help my NOX situation... I already ordered the Catalytic Converter anyway, so I might as well follow through with my plan. I'm also going to retard my ignition timing a bit to see if that'll cut back on my NOX.
    1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

More cheers more beers, that's it that's all.

Comment

With Aircare. No Cat no pass.

-Scott
      Aqua 93 L
      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
        With Aircare. No Cat no pass.
        Aaaactually... They passed me on the Cat Converter part even though I don't have one... He must have not been paying attention and thought the flex tube was the cat. Hehehe... Just sayin'!:p
        1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
          Aaaactually... They passed me on the Cat Converter part even though I don't have one... He must have not been paying attention and thought the flex tube was the cat. Hehehe... Just sayin'!:p
          Then he's either really dumb, or just didn't give a damn, cause that looks nothing like a cat. Just sayin'!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Maybe he didn't have his morning coffee. Or maybe he felt bad for failing me on the FIRST part of the AirCare test :p

Either way, the point remains: I failed.
            1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

Comment

I just installed my catalytic converter two days ago.
              I needed to install a spacer ahead of the downpipe to make it fit the B6 properly. I had to buy an extra gasket for the spacer.
              In Ontario, they test until the car is 20 years old.
              That means I just have to pass with my catalytic converter on in the spring, and then I can permanently remove it. I have my complete Bosal exhaust from my 89 waiting to go on.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 01-29-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

all this trouble finding your cat ..i jus open a can of 9 lives an all three of mine come running an meowing like crazy .....lol...i couldnt help myself
                Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Working...
                X