No announcement yet.

wont start aaarrgghh!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it takes 4 things for an engine to run: air, fuel, spark, compression. if you have all of them then your not getting fuel or spark at the correct time or correct proportion. sounds like an ignition module or perhaps your VAF sensor (vane air flow). if it is not reading the correct amount of air entering the engine it will tell the PCM to deliver the wrong amount of fuel (ie. starting but running really rough). see if you can get them tested or replace with a know good one and go from there. hope this helps
    07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
    91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
    90 Festiva figure 8 racer
    90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

if you have spark then the IGN modual is good. make sure your rotor is pointed where it should be as it can be placed in 3 different positions (2 of which won't let the car run). the other thing is: are your plug wires in the right position? as for the timing being correct, how did you verify that?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i check the alignment marks on the timing so i know its right an i am getting spark on all the plugs an i took them off an checked one at a time so i didnt get the wires messed up ( ive done that an felt like a fool ) i had got it to turn over an run for about a minute but it literally felt like the car was gonna rattle apart it was shaking so bad with the sputter cough shake thing going on

im sorry if my description isnt too good ......the VAF seems to be working an not stuck shut im gonna go recheck the rotor to see if its in the wrong position now .....grabbing the haynes manual an going back outside .....at this point now i kinda hope it turns out to be somthing simple i have missed

an thank you to everyone who is trying to help me out it is greatly appreciated
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Working...
        X