No announcement yet.

Aqua's crank seal seems wrong one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is that seal removal tool. could you post a pic and where did you get it?
    Great info on lowering the motor to get at the crank stuff. wish i knew it before.

Comment

You can buy seal pullers from Harbor Freight, but I'm not sure if "cheap" is the way to go on these. Maybe Sears Craftsman instead? Considering you're working in a delicate area that you don't want to scratch all up, quality might be important.

In a few minutes I'm going out to prep my car to lower the engine more (alternator removed to allow more lowering) and begin the operation.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

My new seal's in and I just put oil back in Aqua. Not finished putting the front of the engine back together though. I can't recall what goop to put on the crank pulley bolt!

Anyone know off hand what kind of sealant or goop to put on the crank pulley bolt? I looked in both my Festiva shop manual and my Chilton's 323 book and couldn't find it. I wiped off the stuff I put on during first reassembly. It was black and rubbery.

Black RTV maybe?

Thanks,

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
          What is that seal removal tool. could you post a pic and where did you get it?
          Great info on lowering the motor to get at the crank stuff. wish i knew it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            My new seal's in and I just put oil back in Aqua. Not finished putting the front of the engine back together though. I can't recall what goop to put on the crank pulley bolt!

Anyone know off hand what kind of sealant or goop to put on the crank pulley bolt? I looked in both my Festiva shop manual and my Chilton's 323 book and couldn't find it. I wiped off the stuff I put on during first reassembly. It was black and rubbery.

Black RTV maybe?

Thanks,

Karl
            Maybe this?

Comment

no! NO LUBE. that bolt goes in DRY or with a small dab of BLUE loctite.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Mine was hard enough to get out and it was dry from the factory. i guess. Loosened it by putting the socket and breaker bar on it and resting the bbar against something [forget what] and bumping the starter. i put it back in dry.

Comment

Thanks Arty. I'll probably use that dab of blue threadlocker.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                  X