Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan

Reinstalling oil pan with new gasket. Does anyone know the torque specs for the pan? Also is there a pattern to do em as well? Thanks in advance!

a nm found on it on the pdf manual...

Comment

ah fudge monkies broke two bolts on em....now need to get em out. Still leaks oil but a bit. Will need to redo think i over tighten it. Is it torque to 70?? Also does anyone add RTV silicon when installing new gasket?

Comment

best just to buy a new Festy without an oil pan leak.....I will relieve you of the stinking leaking mess of a car if you need it gone.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          best just to buy a new Festy without an oil pan leak.....I will relieve you of the stinking leaking mess of a car if you need it gone.
          bah you no help! Got festy almost tip top shape.... i might consider giving it to you once festy is all rusted out and gutted out just an empty shell for you....of course no wheels on it either so you will have to slide it home!

Comment

lol....well....I do not think I will be wanting it then. Sheeeeesh.....try to help a guy out...
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

70!?!?! i hope you're measuring in in-lb. but that's not all that high, shouldn't have snapped a bolt at 6 ft-lb.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                70!?!?! i hope you're measuring in in-lb. but that's not all that high, shouldn't have snapped a bolt at 6 ft-lb.
                yah thats what the pdf manual says 70-80 inch lbs didnt click or nothing and heard snap!

Comment

oh wait crap just noticed i might of read it wrong where one page says ft lbs compare to inch lbs... argh!

Comment

Working...
                  X