won't pass emissions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't pass emissions.

My festiva won't pass smog test. I retarded the timing to spec white mark on crank. New plugs, wires,cap and rotor. New cat converter, midpipe and muffler. I ran seafoam thru it. And water misted the intake. And cleaned the throttle body.

The HC and co2 values are where they should be, but the nox are thru the roof high.

Is there something I'm missing.... its a 92 efi automatic. Any suggestiond would be awesome.

Thanks..... colby

run some high test in it next time. that NOx should be taken care of by the cat but if they're STILL high, then you're pinging, even if you can't hear it.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Its full of high test. And the timing is so retarded it is ridiculous.

Comment

Oxygen sensors,, and CRC guaranteed to pass

Hello, I got the same problem last year,,
        When I got the cat installed , I also replaced the Oxygen sensor,, and run a tank of gas with a bottle of CRC guaranteed to pass,,
        then I passed smog and my NO levels are zero.

Comment

GOT IT TO PASS!!

i ended up changing the o2 sensor, after a check engine light came on, and i read the code. i can now go register it, and advance the timing to where it will actually run well

Comment

Congrats! Had mine failed the test because horn didn't work! After a minute or two cleaning the connectors it passed Hah!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
              X