Removing old baked on stripes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing old baked on stripes.

Discovered something that's probably been around for years, but I just found out about it. I had some very gnarley, old baked on stripes (20 years of Texas heat). I've done the whole goo -gone, 3M adhesive remover with heat gun thing before and really didn't want go there. Voila! The eraser drill wheel. Looks like a hockey puck made out of gum type eraser. Made a 3 hour job into 25 minutes. Don't take it over 4000RPM. Nice!

X1000! Those things are the bomb. We get a lot of vehicles at work from other state agency's and transfer our old vehicles to other agency's as well. Have to remove state/county/city/forestry/college/etc emblems all the time, as well as the different agency ID#s. That thing eats everything but the paint!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

also.... dont use on any plastic. used one on the front of my brand new jeep in 08, and had to have the grille repainted as it dug holes.

Comment

I was just going to ask about those since the stripes are the only thing holding me up from my rusto-paint job

Comment

Does anyone know of which store stocks this. I went to Advance & Home Depot today but none of them had the product.

I'm in the middle of painting my car so I'm trying to find which store has it so I can grab it tomorrow.

Comment

I got mine at an auto paint supply store.
            1960 willys pickup
            1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
            1989 festiva
            1990 festiva for parts
            1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
            X