Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter Stabilizer Bar Bushing

Hi all,

I've been driving my Festiva more now that I've got a job and drive 35 miles a day, and some little things that never bothered me are starting to bother me now that I'm spending more time driving. I've been trying to diagnose why my shifter rattles all the time.

I replaced the bushings on the shifter end, but when i was looking at the transmission end I noticed that the bushing for the stabilizer was completely gone. The top part of the bar is resting on the bolt that goes through it and there's maybe 1/4-3/8 inch of movement vertically.

I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find any threads on this. Does anyone know the part number or a good substitute for this bushing?

Thanks

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Mine had the same problem. Also, your shifter may be rattling against the exhaust. Mine did that too.
    Nevermind... I just reread your post and you already replaced these...
    Last edited by doylerl; 03-12-2011, 02:52 PM.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Yeah, the bushings have made shifts feel a lot better, but the rattle continues. The bushings seem to have damped the rattle a bit and have changed the driving speeds where it gets annoying, so freeway driving is a lot more tolerable. But i want it gone.

Comment

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Try this link. I think this is what you want.
        1960 willys pickup
        1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
        1989 festiva
        1990 festiva for parts
        1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by SleightOHand View Post
          Hi all,

I've been driving my Festiva more now that I've got a job and drive 35 miles a day, and some little things that never bothered me are starting to bother me now that I'm spending more time driving. I've been trying to diagnose why my shifter rattles all the time.

I replaced the bushings on the shifter end, but when i was looking at the transmission end I noticed that the bushing for the stabilizer was completely gone. The top part of the bar is resting on the bolt that goes through it and there's maybe 1/4-3/8 inch of movement vertically.

I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find any threads on this. Does anyone know the part number or a good substitute for this bushing?

Thanks
          Dude I had the same problem and it annoyed the hell out of me! Simple solution go to a pick and pull junkyard and pull that sucker out! Don't even have to pay it just put it in your pocket Hah that's what I did.

Comment

BUSH-RUBBER,STABILIZER (MD00134153A) Our Price: $1.82 ea
            BUSH-RUBBER,STABILIZER (KKY0134153A) Our Price: $0.91 ea
            BUSH-STABILIZER BAR (KKY0134156A) Our Price: $3.50 ea

I don't know which one is the correct Kia part number, but I would order two of each.
            Twistiva has already placed an order with Four Green and will be finalizing it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by worfdog View Post
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20159
              Try this link. I think this is what you want.
              That looks like exactly what I want. Shipping is a little much ($13.80, and other online retailers seem to want to charge similar amounts) so I'll check the local 4 Wheel Parts store before ordering online.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              BUSH-RUBBER,STABILIZER (MD00134153A) Our Price: $1.82 ea
              BUSH-RUBBER,STABILIZER (KKY0134153A) Our Price: $0.91 ea
              BUSH-STABILIZER BAR (KKY0134156A) Our Price: $3.50 ea

I don't know which one is the correct Kia part number, but I would order two of each.
              Twistiva has already placed an order with Four Green and will be finalizing it tomorrow.
              Do you know if he is ordering in bulk? Because they want $25 for shipping and for that price I'd rather get the Jeep bushings.

Comment

Working...
              X