No announcement yet.

New Festiva owner looking for Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will add that the book says compression range should be 149 to 204.

Comment

I've read all your postings about this and for the penny it's worth will offer my two cents worth. I've only owned one automatic and the problems you have described are similar to mine. I bought it from a junk yard. Had right at 150,000 on it and a
      cracked head but otherwise in pretty decent shape. I pulled the head and replaced it with a head that I had rebuilt for $175.00. It ran good afterwards but still burned a little oil but mostly it leaked a lot of oil. Didn't need the car so got rid of it soon there after.

Personally I would not spend another penny on that engine.
      In addition to the oil being burned, you most likely have oil leaks at the front and rear crank seals. The fact that it is loosing coolant could also mean that you have a blown head gasket or even a head with a small crack in it.
      If you need it for you daily driver..I could continue to drive as is as long as you can and start saving for a B6 swap engine or a new Festiva engine. As I said before, my preference is the new Festiva engine because then you know you don't have to spend any more money on the engine (except for oil and filters) for at least the next 140,000 miles. Would be nice if you could switch to 5 speed at the same time though.
      Jess

Comment

Working...
      X