Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my ignition key to my 88 and 89 festiva

What can I do please.

Remove your passenger side door lock cylinder. It has a key code on it that any reputable locksmith can use to make a key.
    Last edited by doylerl; 04-08-2011, 05:58 PM.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

grab another one from the JY , ive got 4 from random festiva keys that will unlock and start my car.

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
        Remove your passenger side door lock cylinder. It has a key code on it that any reputable locksmith can use to make a key.
        That is really good news, thank you. I don't know how I'm going to get those locks out but I will get it done. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit View Post
          grab another one from the JY , ive got 4 from random festiva keys that will unlock and start my car.
          I'm in a rural area and the junk yards have none.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit View Post
            Haha skims keys unlock n start my 88
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
              Haha skims keys unlock n start my 88
              What's a skim key?

Comment

I think he is refering to Skimsucka, another member here.... they aren't far away from each other? so they've tried their keys in his ignition... correct me if I'm wrong?
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  That is really good news, thank you. I don't know how I'm going to get those locks out but I will get it done. Thanks again.
                  Remove the door panel, peel back the plastic shield. Then remove the rod from the lock cylinder, then pry the retaining clip off the lock cylinder. Then it should slide out.
                  '90 LX

Comment

You might try a knife blade, GENTLY! A small pocket knife blade would open my first 88's drivers door, and the second 88's drivers door, hatch and gas lid. Second one had more miles.

Paul
                    Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                    Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                    Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                    White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

If you are locked out, find a festy key or one that is the same size, and make a bump key.
                      1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                      Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                      daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                      A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                        Remove the door panel, peel back the plastic shield. Then remove the rod from the lock cylinder, then pry the retaining clip off the lock cylinder. Then it should slide out.
                        perfect! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                          If you are locked out, find a festy key or one that is the same size, and make a bump key.
                          It's the ignition, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            It's the ignition, thanks.
                            How does a bump key work by the way?

Comment

Ive taken the tumblers out of quite a few over the years that I bought without keys and the passenger door was changed. I wouldn't recommend it though Unless it's your only option. The nice part is any key that fits, works. The bad is everyone on here has a key for your car.
                              (paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

Working...
                              X