No announcement yet.

91 motor+tranny into 88?? HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I still cant get it out, my dad and I tried everything, the hammer/prybar trick didnt work and I dont want to try to pry against the tranny. My dad asked me If we could just take the rubber boot off the one in my car and take what I needed and stick it in the CV axle that is stuck in the transmission... I said I would ask on here because I didnt know and dont want to screw anything up...

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Nobody?? I'm trying to get the motor in by the weekend so I can drive it to Supercross...

Comment

I give up

Comment

Pry from behind the cup with a bar ! Then take a hammer and whack it on the end, like your driving it back in the tranny ! That will shock the retainer and should pop out ! If not then try and get the other axle out and run a small bar through the trans and drive it out ! But watch out for the center stud ....
          New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
            If not then try and get the other axle out and run a small bar through the trans and drive it out ! But watch out for the center stud ....
            I'm gonna go try this, it wont screw anything up will it? I already had the other side out

Comment

Shadetree you are my absolute favorite person right now! I did what you said and it came out within 4 hits! I cant thank you enough!

Comment

Althoug I dont have the motor in yet, I was looking at the mounting area for the clutch cable and the 5-speed looks to have more of a angle to it, where the 4-speed is almsot flat... will it still work okay?

Comment

I need some help with the vacuum lines now... I stupidly took them all off just trying to remember in my head. Well now I dont know where they all go, some are color coded but pics would be a real help!

Comment

Car is running great, but I had to pull the wire for my reverse lights because they were staying on ALL the time, anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                    X