New rotor,
    New spark plugs,
    New rotor,
    New Air Filter,

Used ECU,
    Used idle bypass,

Fuel pump relay tested good,
    Ignition module tested good,
    Distributor tested good as per the sticky....
    Starter tested good,
    Alternator tested good.
    Coil tested good.

We are getting spark...as per coil wire with spark plug to chassis test.

I even tried yelling at it and when that didn't work, i sweet talked it a bit but no change.

Nice you have the above list, but some background as to how it got to the point of needing your assistance would help as well.

Remember:
    Diagnose and replace as needed.
    Swapping parts is expensive.

Additionally, if you put your location in your profile as listed below, someone might be close by and willing to lend a hand.

Go to User CP (top of the Page in the blue bar)
    Control Panel(left side of screen)
    Edit Profile-scroll to bottom of page to location.
    Last edited by Pu241; 04-23-2011, 04:43 PM.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

ok, car ran great for years, tx to md and back three times, tx to canada and back twice had a major oil leak and getting where it wouldn't reliably start, parked it. 2 years later get back to it, all of the above has been done, but we got awesome prices. We love this car and with gas being what it is, i want to get her going again. my dad is a retired mechanic, but he never worked efi <- been out of the game for a long time and the physical aspect he has trouble with now a days. I am a geek, with little mechanical inclination, but together we should be able to do whatever needs done. I am in Wichita Falls, TX --- O'Reillys is on the other side of my fence. But we have a salvage yard in town with 1 festy and multiple mazdas

Comment

Check the fuel pump switch over the driver's side rear wheel well inside the hatch area. if the car is bumped hard it will trigger the switch to cut the fuel supply.

If you have spark but no start it can only be timing, fuel supply, (or air i guess).

good luck.
        I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
        White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
        * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

It is not the inertia switch, checked that, i will check the timing.

Comment

Did it run before you swapped rotor (twice, see your first post ), cap, and plugs?

It's unfortunate, but the rotor will fit on the distributor 3 ways, and if your not careful and get it on wrong, you get a no start condition.

It's free to check this out, might also want to be sure the spark plugs were routed correctly.

Also might want to give some thought to draining that two year old gas out via the drain bolt, and put some fresh back in. This isn't likely to be the cause of your no start though. It more about keeping crud from decomposing crapoline (aka 10% ethanol gas) out of your fuel system.

We'll be here to help.
            Last edited by Pu241; 04-24-2011, 10:55 AM.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

master power relay

Check the relay in the engine compartment just behind the left headlight. It is forward of the battery and fuse links, whch you can check also. I had a problem with mine off and on now and then. Sometimes I could tap on it, as it is a mechanical relay, and it would work again. The engine would crank fine but had no spark. If you have the festy shop manual there is a picture of it on page 35-18-2 at the top of the page. Good luck with you search.
              Last edited by yelo festiva; 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM. Reason: wrong side of car

Comment

do you have a noid light set to test injector pulse? does the fuel pump run (check operation of VAF)
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X