Is my alternator going out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
    Just need the two alternator wiring diagrams to match the wires, and the plug of a 90-93 Festiva alternator and your set.
    I have the plug, found some info on it but I'm not 100% positive what wires go to each. Can anybody tell me?

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

You need to stop guessing and get tested. They'll probably use something like this:
      This will tell you (with the car not running), the condition of the battery. It does this by actually simulating a "load" on it. With the car running, It will tell you the exact output of the alternator. It will even indicate if the starter is using too much juice when it starts the car.
      Stop guessing! "Precision", it's not just for winners. Yes you can actually get some, don't wait for someone to leave it to you in a will ha ha.
      Last edited by iceracerdude; 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM.
      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

have one of those hanging off the side of my tool box just for such occasions, it's held in with something like two c clamps and a really strong magnet.... works wonders.... there in lies part, if not all of the answer to your problem...
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

I know its my alternator. The bearing inside is toast. The battery is fine. Thats why I am switching alternators. But I dont know what wires are which

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
          91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Working...
          X