No announcement yet.

overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see it, but I'm guessing he was pointing out that it is a 5-door, which means he's somewhere overseas, which means English may not be his native language, and thus, complaints should not be made about punctuation.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
      I didn't see it, but I'm guessing he was pointing out that it is a 5-door, which means he's somewhere overseas, which means English may not be his native language, and thus, complaints should not be made about punctuation.
      Not buying it, many people "overseas" have superior English skills to those that live here in the USA.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I wonder if his head gasket is blown, letting combustion pressure into the cooling system. That's exactly what mine was doing when I first got it. Makes you think it's overheating.

Comment

^ i'm betting on it, easy fix though, about a 5 hr job.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^you take a 3 1/2 hour break in the middle of a b3 head job?

LoL.

Comment

no, i clean EVERYTHING before it goes back together (that takes me 3 hrs start to car running and burping the system), plus i'm figuring on it being done by someone who doesn't wrench for a living...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

thanks guys for the replies . i am australian can speak fluent english my punctuation needs a touch up lol. Ill try with a new head gasket and see where it leads me thanks for all the help

Comment

there's a write-up somewhere on here to help. i offer this: copper spray is your friend, coat both sides of the headgasket and don't be shy about it.

Comment

I clean parts for reassembly too. Thats just sloppy work if you don't. Copper spray and aviation sealer ftw.

Comment

You can always check the coolant for hyrdocarbons to see if you do have a head gasket problem. Also, why did you take the thermostat out in colder weather... that kinda works against you. And you also said the heater doesn't work but the vents do. The vents in a festiva do not blow air from the heater box, you only get heat from the defrost vent.

Comment

Fill the radiator up and start it cold with the radiator cap off. If coolant comes out of the radiator like a geyser, it's your head gasket. Don't ask me how I know!

Comment

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
                          Fill the radiator up and start it cold with the radiator cap off. If coolant comes out of the radiator like a geyser, it's your head gasket. Don't ask me how I know!
                          Yep, I was also thinking about the head possibly being warped? if you do change the HG a wise word you should heed is getting the head checked before reinstalling.
                          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

He said he's in Adelaide. Hes Down Under would be my guess. They speak pretty good English I think.
                            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                              I clean parts for reassembly too. Thats just sloppy work if you don't. Copper spray and aviation sealer ftw.
                              Copper Spray I know what that is,but Aviation sealer? What are you refering to?

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
                              LOL
                              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                                Copper Spray I know what that is,but Aviation sealer? What are you refering to?

LOL
                                Made by Permatex, formal name is Aviation Form-A-Gasket Sealant Liquid. Its a brown goo in a little bottle with a brush and it ROCKS!!!1!. Does not break down from exposure to gasoline or anything. I think it smells awesome too.

Comment

Working...
                                X