No announcement yet.

flame shooting out of carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hose tees off and goes up to the firewall, tees off again and goes to the MAP sensor, (middle of firewall) and over to the high altitude sensor thing (all the way to the passenger side on the firewall). Hope I can help!

Comment

So I should reconnect that stuff? If I can figure it out.
      Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

You don't need the MAP sensor and the altitude thing. The only reason I left them there is to keep my check engine light off. Just take 2 vacuum hoses and hook them straight to the distributor. I'm wondering, did your car run or have these problems before you put the new carb on?

Comment

Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
          You don't need the MAP sensor and the altitude thing. The only reason I left them there is to keep my check engine light off. Just take 2 vacuum hoses and hook them straight to the distributor. I'm wondering, did your car run or have these problems before you put the new carb on?
          The car was running before I went to afghanistan. It was my daily driver back then. However, my wife took it to the shop to get have the rear main and clutch done on the car while I was gone. Ever since I have been back (almost a year now) the car hasent ran ever since. I do know that the shop killed my battery because they dont know how to turn off the car completely.

Comment

Well today I put intake back on w/ a new gasket, the new adapter for the carb w/new gaskets, and fixed a stripped bolt hole that goes to the fuel pump. I fired her up and sound and felt promising. However, on an initial start (when the car has been sitting for a few minutes) it will revv like crazy. Good throttle response as well, sounds good right. Well she dies or gets turned off and you try to restart her, she will barely run with the throttle to the floor. If I hold the throttle down for 5 minutes I may get lucky and she will stay running, but as soon as I go to giive her gas she dies out. Any Ideas???????????

Comment

Nevermind I have decided to sell it. Sorry, but I am done with dumping all my money into it. I bought with the intentions of saving money, but turns out I am spending as much as a car payment on it trying to g0et it to run.

Comment

Working...
              X