Manual Transmission Diagram and Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Transmission Diagram and Help

Hello, I am new here. I'd like to say thanks for having this available. I was wondering if anyone had any diagrams or disassemble instructions for the manual trans. I have a 92 and the trans had a busted shift gate. so My friend fixed it when he owned the car and it never moved again. The shifter wouldn't move at all into any gear what so ever. I know its simple so I pulled the trans again and I cant get the one cv axle out of the damn transmission. Ive had one guy standing on the trans while 2 guys had pry bars that they were standing on with their full body weight while I was smacking it with a hammer. I'm ready to chain it to a tree and pull it out with the tractor! Any Ideas? Thanks!
    1921 Model T
    1940 Ford
    1960 F600 Fire Truck
    1963 Ford Falcon drag car
    1964 Ford Falcon Futura
    1964 1/2 Ford Mustang
    1966 Ford F100
    1973 Kenworth K100 Cabover 903CID Cummins
    1976 F650 Dump Truck
    1978 F150
    1980 F350 Pulling Truck
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    1990 Ford Mustang LX
    1992 Ford Festiva
    1992 Dodge D350 Cummins
    2000 Ford F350 Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke

You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do.-Henry Ford

There is a tapered split-fork thing that some use to wedge the shaft out of the trans and some use pry bars across from each other between the shaft and the trans.

Comment

you need to shock the retention ring into compression and it will slip out. place a prybar between the case and axle and smack the shaft of the prybar perpendicularly with a heavy hammer.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^^^ + 1

I've had 2 that I've had to bolt down to a large metal work table and then give the axle a quick snap with 2 prybars. I'm guessing it's the drivers side axle? That's the 2 that gave me trouble.
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

An air chisel works wonders when combined with a pry bar. Usually only take one quick blip of the air hammer and it pops right out. It's never failed me yet.
          Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM.
          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
          X