Beat it til it mushroomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have absolutely WAILED on this thing.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

sounds like its time to take it to a press. I helped a co-worker with a super super stuck universal joint on a drive shaft after work the other day, we put it in a hydrolic press and it took over 1000 psi to knock the thing out.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
        sounds like its time to take it to a press. I helped a co-worker with a super super stuck universal joint on a drive shaft after work the other day, we put it in a hydrolic press and it took over 1000 psi to knock the thing out.
        Skeeter, I'm going to blame you for giving me the idea.

You know what an instron is, right?

So I wonder if I could use it as a programable press?
        I can program it to stop if the load on the crosshead approachs the load cell limit of 5,000 lbs.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

You really need to be carefully wailing away on the axle, you could actually bend the knuckle. It's definitely time to take the axle out of the trans and pull the knuckle and press it.
          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

I'd have it cut out via a Wire EDM.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

PB'laster. Spray it, hit it, spray it again, then go back to wailing on it. If it didn't break loose soon, it ain't gonna.

Might be a good idea to make sure the axle isn't compressed, too. Slight chance you could be damaging the trans.

Comment

Axle and hub are on the vice and off the car. Have been since I commenced the vicious beating.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

how about trying the acetone and atf 50 50 mix. it is supposedly even more effective than pb blaster and should be cheap to whip up.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

keep hitting it with pb blaster a couple times a day for a couple weeks.

you should have threaded a nut o n there and mushroomed the nut...

Comment

Don't need the axle.

Comment

3 lb sledge = no part

12 lb sledge = free part

sing it:
                        "I've been workin on the railroad all the live long day"
                        -Bryant

Comment

It might be a 5 lb. I was guessing.

Comment

Wow, this has to be the worst axle removal ever.
                            Sorry you have to experience it.

Although the thread would be more entertaining with a video of the axle whooping up on ya. just funnin man, hope it breaks loose for ya.
                            Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                            1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Took it to my friend's garage. I pick it up in the morning.

Comment

Oh and it was a 6 lb sledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X