No announcement yet.

New member - Fuel tank issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home from work and put my first plug wires on. Because the guy I bought it from 'pretty much' fixed the gas line leak (which I found out was NOT the fuel line, but above the tank under the access panel), I put a little gas in the tank to see if the car would start. It turns over, has a slight backfire, but still no luck. Checked and no leaking underneath (to what I can tell). The part that IS leaking is the tank under the access panel, and the guy partially JB welded it, as you can see in the picture here:

I won't be trying to start it again until the gas leak is fixed. Do you think it can be repaired with a second (or third) round of JB weld? If not, what would be the best course of action?

Thanks!

~Spike

P.S.: Thought I'd add a picture of the engine, too.

Last edited by Spike; 07-30-2011, 04:06 PM.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

How are those fuses doing just behind the coolant resevoir there? They look to be the fusible link type. The middle one looks like it is burnt in half?
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

My 92 was rusting below the hatch window in the exact place as yours. I took a boxcutter and cut about 6 small Vs along the bottom edge of the vinyl window molding to let it dry out in there.

Comment

Working...
        X