Fusible link block repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusible link block repair

I have a car that has a busted fusible link block. Has anyone replaced it? I pulled the spade connectors out and only the ground side and one connector are in good enough shape to reuse. The parts store fuse block only goes up to 20 amps and I didn't find any spade connectors big enough to use as replacements. Any ideas?

I use automatic reset circuit breakers. If you get a short, they trip, but then reset themselves. You never have to replace fuses if you use these. Below is a picture of one.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Is this the connector thingy that is on the strut tower behind the battery? I think mine is about ready to go because it was smelling funny and the wires were so hot that I could not touch them.
      I suck at the internet

Comment

Or, you could go to an aftermarket stereo store and get some amp fuses and blocks.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
          I use automatic reset circuit breakers. If you get a short, they trip, but then reset themselves. You never have to replace fuses if you use these. Below is a picture of one.
          Thanks for the idea. I think I'm going to look in to doing this or something like it. Do you have a pic of this set up in your car?

Comment

I only use one for racing because the only electric load I have is ignition coil, fuel pump, gauge lights, and in-car camera. I have it mounted to the firewall and marked as letter "C" in the picture below.
            You gonna race that thing?
            http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
              Be careful with these tho... if you have a dead short you can still catch some wires on fire.

Comment

Working...
              X