camber adjustment 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camber adjustment 89

Need to do the either/or camber adustment due to tire wear issue on recently purchased 89. Unbolted 2 nuts and lowered strut but mount won't spin. How far does mount have to be below hole to spin 180 degrees? Thanx

just have to clear the studs on the strut mount. as for tire wear, have your toe checked first, most people mistake toe wear for camber wear. 90% of the time it's a toe issue causing the one side of a tire to wear prematurely.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Our cars don't offer that much adjustment for camber anways. maybe a degree or two..
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

ill ask my boss today id we deliver to the states. Pretty sure we have adjustable camber bolts for our cars in stock.
        (replaces top bolt of the two that go through the strut and hub. +/-3º I believe)
        60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

The thing that's supposed to spin is stuck to the strut. Does it break loose with a little effort?

Comment

should... if it's binding, that gives you a reason to upgrade to the rio strut mounts.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X