Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer

Can any one tell me where the computer is located on a 1992 ford festiva

In the dash. If you stick your head where the pedals are and look up you can see it. Has a bright green plug going into it. Not sure if you have to take the dash out to remove it, as I've never done that.
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

No, you don't have to remove the dash, but it is kind of a PITA to remove.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Lots of nice, sharp edges up in there too. Be careful.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Hmmm, under the dash? Then what is that box under the drivers seat of my 93?

Comment

Originally posted by mudder View Post
            Hmmm, under the dash? Then what is that box under the drivers seat of my 93?
            Seat belt control thingy...not positive on that. It has something to do with the auto seatbelts.

Comment

I just got mine out lol...only took one nosebleed and a fingernail nearly sheared off. It actually wasn't as hard as I had thought. It's two 10mm bolts on the bottom, (easier to use a wrench than a ratchet because of space.) and then just pry it out with a screwdriver. Took about a 1/2 hour. (Of actual work, not counting the time bandaging up the injuries. :p)

Comment

ecu removal

On my 90 LX I can take the fuse panel loose and move it to the side and get to the two bolts holding the ecu in place. Make sure you disconnect the battery first!

Comment

Working...
                X