No announcement yet.

Something's not right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, did the coil, fuel filter and Seafoam with no change. I'm thinking its the carb or something. Whenever it starts acting stupid when I drive it, if I floor it, it goes away. To me, it looks like a giant pain to get the carb off of this thing.

Comment

water in the fuel tank? dirt in the jets maybe.....

Comment

fuel pump.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I think if you unbolt the charcoal canister it's easier to get at the fuel filtre. Never had to do that myself, but is is a PITA.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by 88FestivaLX View Post
            OK, did the coil, fuel filter and Seafoam with no change. I'm thinking its the carb or something. Whenever it starts acting stupid when I drive it, if I floor it, it goes away. To me, it looks like a giant pain to get the carb off of this thing.
            right there sounds more like a fuel delivery issue (pump) or clogged jets.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I was going to say it sounds like a situation I had with our old dodge ram single barrel. It had a "flat spot" on the accelerator pump diaphragm.
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
              X