Running lean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running lean?

Well I changed the timing belt finally today. Only the original with 150k and in the process I took out the spark plugs so I could line it all up, ended up I left it in gear.. I crack myself up somedays. Anyways I noticed the spark plugs were really white. It doesn't have the same pickup the aspire has and the sparkplugs in are sorta a grayish color. I'm wondering what is wrong. It does burn a little oil if I play at the rev limiter, doesn't lose any coolant and the o2 sensor has about 50k on it but I've had this problem since I got it. I'm guessing it's running lean? I have a extra vaf I might try since this one does some humming. Suggestions?
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

can you take pix of your plugs? can you also take pix of a new set after about 5 min. of running time (engine has to be at operating temp first)? i can read your plugs for you, and determine what each cylinder is doing.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'll take pics tomorrow. Somehow this plugs don't have crush washers I must of been asleep when I put them in.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

So, What did your timing belt look like? Any cracks, etc?
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

It had some small stress cracks between the teeth on the outer side but it looked good on the inside. Probably wasn't the original, couldn't read the writing on it.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
          X