How to replace the headlight assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brayy View Post
    Nick shouldn't you have a set of headlights from your donor ? or is that going back on the road ?
    The car was a front end crash, the headlights were in a thousand pieces ahaha.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I just drove into Big Pete's auto detailing shop. They polished my headlight lenses for $20 cash while I waited about 15 minutes. They have the proper polishing compound and the proper power buffing equipment.
    Yeah but this is Australia........ hahaah. I Need a pair of spring compressors, 60 dollars each here. 10 dollars a pair in America.

Prices for the automotive industry is whack.

- Nick
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It looks like I have been ripped off ... I bought that kit from Repco for $50 ... The shop assistant over there was able to persue me that it is just easier than getting secondhand assemblies from a wrecker and fit them ... still it would have been a matter of luck. But honestly, eBay was a great option that I should have considered ...

Anyway, the kit had cleaning spray, five different grit sanding papers, polish, and some amzing yellow liquid they call "CLEAR". It took me about an hour (the sanding took a lot of time) and I used only half of the compounds. The result is perfect. Now I can clearly see the bulbs through the lenses after they used to be some kinda greysh.

The kit is USA made anyway

Last edited by Roky; 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X