No announcement yet.

Pulling oil up into air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that looks good.I would also make a "Loop" around each bolt hole area. This will ensure a good air tight seal. All the baffle does is prevent a direct Crank Case Ventilation path. This way the oil can get condensed out of the vapors and run back down into the valve train area. What color ya gonna paint that baby? Its way to clean not to paint :p
    Last edited by nitrofarm; 08-14-2011, 12:53 AM.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Yup, that looks right (both blue and green). There's an of area to the left where the baffle doesn't touch the cover so you won't need to put any there. If you lay the baffle in the cover you'll see where I'm talking about. And like Nitro says, hit the bolt holes too.

Blue RTV will be just fine for that. I prefer black because it has better oil resistance and adhesion, plus it doesn't stand out as much as blue. To be specific, I prefer Permatex Right Stuff because it's OEM specified, has extremely good adhesion, and a higher (continuous) temperature operating range. I use it on everything and I've yet to see anything it wouldn't seal. If I get a cork gasket in a kit, I throw it away and use the Permatex. I used it for the oil pan gasket on one of my 429's and I had to beat it off with a dead blow hammer when I had to do a pan swap later.

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
      What color ya gonna paint that baby? Its way to clean not to paint :p
      It got painted silver

Last edited by Zanzer; 08-14-2011, 03:13 AM.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
      X